jLog V 6.1 - Release Notes
jLog V 6.1 is a new major release with new installers. It requires a full installation using the installers.
jLog V6 utilizes Java SE 6 (or newer) and cannot run on older
versions of Java. The newest Java SE 8 update is recommended. Please report any
problems to email@example.com.Make sure you have BACKUP COPIES OF YOUR LOG FILES
(i.e the *.jdb-files) stored somewhere else.
I recommend that you strongly consider updating the Java Runtime
Environment (JRE) before installing the new version (links to the
newest versions can be found on jLog's Java download page).
Frequent update of the JRE is generally recommended (Java is being
User files and application support files are stored in
‘<HOME>/jLog/save’. The log file format has been changed and logs will be
New features (V 6)
- Improved versions of support files (jna.jar, macify.jar)
- Support for Java 7 and 8 also on Mac OS X
- Support for international characters in many fields, UTF-8 file format, force ASCII in export?
- Many new log fields for full support of ADIF 3.0.4 (released in July 2013)
- ADIF Import and Export in ADX-format (XML)
- ADIF Import Log Viewer window
- New frequency and many new Modes and Submodes, e.g. JT9-x
- More powerful and informative 'Check for Updates'
- DX Cluster (Spots) Log improvements
- More compact Log Dialogue window (more fields in fewer Tabs)
- New installers based on izPack 5.0.8 New V 6.1
- Separator before hundreds in main window frequency display New V 6.1
- Extra digit for Icom frequencies from radio New V 6.1
- US City to County Lookup New V 6.1
- eQSL Download and View QSL card New V 6.1
Errors corrected (V 6)
- Better font sizing, in particular for Linux
- Ignore TAB as delimiter in .jdb-files, disallow ';' in text fields
- New FCC source
- Adapted to new LoTW format
- Improved error handling when updating jLog New V 6.1
- Degree character corrected New V 6.1
Limitations and known errors
- The Help window may display external (Internet) pages
improperly. Use an external browser if you experience problems.
Please send comments, suggestions, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Updated: 20 May